Friday, March 31, 2017

Fun Character Questions

* If you were to open your character's fridge right now, what would you find?
>CONNOR: "Do you want all the contents or just something interesting?  It's probably ridiculous to name things like milk and eggs.  Practically everyone has that in the fridge.  How about I tell you the worst, best, and most interesting items? 
   "The worst is probably a toss-up between the moldy cheese that neither Mark nor I want to touch to throw it away, and the leftover brussel sprouts from last night.  I hate brussel sprouts, but Mark likes them.  He's weird.
   "The best thing is the raspberry and dark chocolate cheesecake I got for dessert tonight.  Yum!
   "And the most interesting would be...hmmm...probably the homemade wasabi sauce we got as a prize when we won a game at a friend's birthday party.  Neither of us has the guts to taste it, but it seems a waste to throw it away."

* If your character were at a karaoke bar, what song would they sing?
>MARK: "What you might not know is I really like to participate in karaoke.  I used to do it with some friends when I was in college all the time, and Connor likes to encourage me to participate if we're at a club sometimes.  He won't join me though.  Too bad, he's got a nice tenor.
   "In college my favorite song to sing was St. Elmo's Fire by John Parr.  That's pretty old school nowadays though.  Today I might pick a song like One Call Away by Charlie Puth."

*What is your character carrying in his/her pockets?
>MAX: Depending on who you're asking, that seems like it could be a personal question.  It also makes me think of The Hobbit when Bilbo asks that question to Gollum.  In my head I hear, "What has it got in its pocketses?!"
   "Anyway, I'm outside on a walk to meet Tony for lunch and I'm wishing I chose to drive, even if it is only three blocks away.  It's cold!  So I have my wallet in my pants pocket and my house keys in one of my coat pockets.  My other coat pocket is empty...wait!  No, it's not.  Apparently there's a knit cap in that pocket."  *chuckling*  
   "I probably have Tony to thank for that.  He knows I have a tendency to forget about putting a hat on."  *putting the hat on his head*  
   "That definitely does feel warmer.  It's a good thing I found it before seeing Tony.  He would have swatted me if I showed up with an uncovered head." 

*It's 4 o' clock on a Tuesday afternoon- what is your character doing?
>CAILAN: "That's usually about the time Jarek and I are winding an afternoon training session down.  We'll head to our rooms in the palace and bathe together and....  Wait!  I didn't mean we bathe together like that!  I mean...um...well sometimes we might, but we're just trying to get clean because we were dirty and....  No! Not dirty like that! 
   "Ugh, listen.  What I do or what Jarek does at any time is our business to share if we want to.  Hmph!"

2 comments:

  1. Cute! Itso nice to get little insights into characters. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KK. I like these character questions I come across. Sometimes I can get some of my people to speak up and answer them :)
      JL-

      Delete